
Today, Grandpa Martin emailed Lorelei this picture. It was just so beautiful, I just had to save it... Here is what he wrote about it:
"The photo is of Grandma and Papa when we were about seven years old. Sitting next to Grandma is her friend Janice and sitting next to Papa is my younger brother Mark. Mark was about four at the time. The cat that I am holding was my white cat named Blinky who used to go out and catch birds and mice to eat. I guess he didn't like the cat food we gave him.
"I know that you and Mommy will laugh when you see this picture because Grandma has hair clips in her hair to hold her curls in place. Even when Grandma was young, she was always worrying about her hair being just right. As of last September, Grandma and I have known each other for 54 years."
1 comment:
This is so very neat! I need to add one to my blog of my dad and his brothers. What is it about these old pictures that is just so fascinating.......did I tell you once that I found my Grandfather's valentines from when he was a child? I should have stolen them. They were so neat to look at! Wow I'm impressed at your blog. So cool :)
Post a Comment