A few weeks ago our friend Donna saw Lorelei dancing around our house and she asked if Lorelei had ever taken ballet lessons. I told her no, and she said that the way she was dancing showed that she had great potential to be a good dancer by her posture and the way she used her arms and feet. Lorelei has always loved watching the Barbie movies where they dance and sing, so she had become a pretty good mimic. A few weeks later, Donna told me she talked to one of her friends who used to be a ballerina and taught classes and told her all about Lorelei. Donna talked her up so much but told the teacher that we were not in a position right now to pay for lessons. The teacher was so excited to get a little girl who was actually interested in ballet and could help the girls stay focused. She said she would love to have her in the class on a scholarship. We were so excited for Lorelei! Her first day was yesterday...
She did wonderful! She strutted her stuff and the teacher was very impressed. After class, the teacher came up to me and told me how well she did. She asked me how I thought she did and I said I thought she did great, but that I wasn't a very good judge at what level she should be at. She told me that the things that she was doing were at a third year level and that she kept up with what the class had been doing for weeks just her first day! I am so proud of her and excited for her new adventure.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Ballerina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my word! I LOVE it! She looks like she's a natural:) How cute she looks all dressed up and how fun for her to be able to do that! I can't wait for her to show me when we come up.
Yea, she did start ballet! She does look graceful even just in the pictures:)Nutcracker here she comes!!!
I am so very happy she gets to take lessons!! It is a dream come true for her. Tell her grandpa and grandma, aunties Natalie and Kayla are happy and proud of her!
Give both girls hugs and kisses from us too please.
Thank you for inviting me. How fun that she is dancing. I danced all while I was growing up. She looks so pretty. Our blog is www.fortstronks.blogspot.com
How CUTE!!! My two girl's are DANCING fools!! Shelby has been dancing for seven years and is taking 5 classes right and Kennedy is taking three classes... we like to live at the studio. She LOOKS so cute with her leo/tights!!!
She is going to be a beautiful dancer! We love ballet over here so when she comes down to visit we will have let the girls dance together.
Post a Comment