
Like many parents, we have been teaching our girls to pray. Even though at times it sounds more like a recited set of phrases that are said over and over, a couple of nights ago it was different. As Meredith prayed, we could tell she really thought about the things she was thankful for, and that night she was thankful for the Belle doll that Auntie Sarah and Uncle Ryan had bought her that day, which she was at that moment cradling in her arms.
After her prayer, a hymn came into my mind that I had heard recently which says, "Prayer is the simplest form of speech that infant lips can try..."
How thankful I am for a Heavenly Father who has made it possible for even the smallest of His children to have a way to speak to Him.
1 comment:
That moment touched both Ryan and I as well:) She's the only 2 year old I know that can say a prayer all by her self.
Post a Comment