Monday, May 31, 2010
Cole Jeremia's Birth
He's here! Our little, 7 pound 5 ounce, 21 and a half inches long, baby boy, Cole. Born bright and early on May 25, a Tuesday morning, at 7:51am. After a forever long and sleepless night, Jeremy and I arrived at the hospital at 6:00am to get checked in the hospital. Our nurse, Hope, hooked me up to everything, fetal monitor, IV, and started the process of my third C-Section. The monitor was showing contractions 10 to 12 minutes apart and how active this little sweetheart was in my belly and how excited he seemed to be that this was the morning he would make his appearance into this world. Hope laughed everytime we would hear the loud rustling on the monitor when he would move, saying "he must have a trampoline in there" and "oh, his poor mama!". At 7:30, they wheeled my bed into the operating room while Jeremy waited outside the door, for which I am sure felt like an eternity to him, while they gave me the anesthesia and prepped me for surgery. As always, I felt so nauseous after the anesthesia, but like an angel the anesthesiologist give me something for it. He started saying something about red-heads being prone to getting sick on it, and I laughed thinking he was joking, but he said it was true. So weird! After Jeremy walked in, I felt the tugging and pulling on my belly and soon after heard the sweet sound of a newborn baby. I could tell immediately that it was a boy's cry, it was much deeper than the girls'. Then they poked his scrunched up, little old man's face over the curtain and gave him to the neonatal doctors to look him over. After checking him out they said he was perfect and healthy and asked Jeremy if he wanted to cut off the rest of the cord that was left on Cole. He was so excited and happy since he was not able to do that with the girls. Then he brought Cole over to me, so beautiful with his pink skin and light eyebrows and eyelashes. He has some fine, dark curly hair on his head, but it looks like it will fall out and grow in with a lighter shade. We were then off to the recovery room where they had to continually suction water out of his mouth since he had swallowed some. Other than that, he has been wonderful and has had no other problems.
Knowing that this will be our last time to be blessed with a newborn baby in our family, Jeremy and I have been soaking up all that comes with it. The sweet sounds and tender, soft touches. The itty bitty diapers and the smell of newborn skin. We have known him now for a week on this earth, but it feels like it has been a much longer time before that. We know that our family now is complete.
Happy birthday to our sweet son Cole. We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet Little Cole,
Your arrival has been LONG awaited by so many of us. YEAH... You're finally here! I wish more than anything that we could have been there when you came into this world but I promise that we will do our best to be very much a part of your sweet little life. I can't wait to come see you in two weeks.
I already love you so much little man!
Your favorite Aunt,
Auntie Sarah
Keep practicing that stare down kid, your sisters will need a little brother to keep them on their toes!
He is BEAUTIFUL! I'm all teary eyed. I already love him to pieces:)
Post a Comment