Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lorelei's Baptism

The weekend of Lorelei's baptism was a great celebration with family and friends. We were so grateful to have so many travel to Idaho to see her and spend this special time with her.
We celebrated with Nanna, Hailee, Gabi, Isobel and Sophie..
...Grandpa Martin and Grandma Diana, Annie, Grandma Cyndy and Grandpa Bob, and also Sarah and Ryan.

That morning she was so excited and very emotional. She cried a lot of happy tears, and so did her Daddy.


The primary president put this poem in the baptism program:

"My Three White Dresses"

My mom bought me a white dress,
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few.


There has been just one before,
A dress now put away.
That I wore sometime ago upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed in my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms, there to name and bless.
so pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
My glory I must earn.

Now I've reached the age to judge the wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized in this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin,
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the road and hold on tight,
I vow with certaintly.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
And if I try my very best,
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three.




Words cannot express how pleased we are for the young woman you are becoming, Lorelei.
Your countenance is radiant and you are so beautiful inside and out.

3 comments:

Ryan W said...

What a beautiful girl she is. Love you peanut!

Sarah said...

It was such a beautiful baptism and a very special weekend:)

Lisa P. said...

so wish i had been there. how special!